Monday, June 7, 2010

Ouchie

I mentioned in one of my earlier posts that I have a reoccurance of the left shoulder pain that I experienced immediately following surgery.  It lasted 2 or 3 days post surgery and I was able to walk around and burp and it would go away.  Now it's returned, only this time it's more persistant and then its kind of a shooting pain if I burp.  It hurts enough that on Friday and Saturday nights I took some of my post surgery meds to get some sleep, and I pulled out the heating pad again.  I called the nurse today and she told me that I could be eating too fast - well, I'm eating mushies and not that many of them so I don't know if that's really it.  I am on CD 3 of my period - maybe that could be it?  I found a thread on LBT under "complications" and it seems this is common and can last a long time - even indefinitely or could be chronic.  UGH!  I did NOT know that prior to surgery and I researched for a long time.  I expected it after surgery, but long term....I don't know if I'll be happy about that.  Of course I'm not losing weight fast enough or have seen any big changes to know if it's worth the discomfort. 

I'm curious to hear if any of you have experienced this? 

We had a really quiet weekend - my husband was home and now is gone again.  He took the kids to our neighborhood pool, but I feel like we didn't even have a chance to talk this weekend - it just flew by.  We do most of our communicating via Skype it seems.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week ahead!!

Amy

3 comments:

  1. I had it post surgery when I ate too quick or if I had too much. It passes. I think for me that too much food or liquids would put pressure on the nerve that sends that pain to the shoulder. Hope it goes soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really sorry you are having this pain.I am still not banded so wouldn't know what to tell you works best. I do hope it goes away soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel that pain when I am really full or when I've eaten too quickly. It takes a while to go away, but I don't experience it unless I am eating or have just finished eating.

    ReplyDelete