Friday, May 7, 2010

Check, Check, Check....

Preparing for and finally getting insurance approval has been a series of hoop jumping.  It seems that continues as you approach your surgery date.  Not so much "approval" but a list of must do's before your actual surgery date.  I think I'm doing well with getting this list completed, but it has been time consuming.

1. Pre-Op testing.  I went for my testing on Wednesday, after they took 10 million viles of my blood, I had an EKG and chest xray.  DONE

2. Pay Patient Program Fee and Pick Up reading materials.  $500 later, I now have a coffee mug, pen, food journal, tote bag and booklet outlining diet, surgical procedures, etc. etc.  DONE

3. Co-Pay and Pre-registration at the Hospital $100  DONE

4. Watch Emmi Video and type questions for the surgeon for my 1:1 appointment.  DONE
www.my-emmi.com

5. Schedule Exercise Consultation and Fitness Center Tour at the hospital, even though this is too far for me to travel daily for exercise post-op it's a requirement.   Scheduled

6.  Attend 3.5 hour Pre-Operative Education Class.  DONE

7. Attend One Hour Nutrition Class.  Scheduled

8.  1 on 1 appointment with surgeon to go over Pre-Op testing and questions.  DONE

9. Go to Center for Metabolic Health and purchase more disgusting protein shakes for post surgery.

10. SURGERY DAY 5/19....PRICELESS

Have a Happy Weekend Everyone!!  XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment