Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Full

I'm an overeater.  A binger.  A hider of food.  An addict.

I used to go out to run an errand before dinner and pull through the drive thru for a dollar menu
cheeseburger, maybe even a coke and fries.  Eat it on the way home, and then throw out/hide the evidence and proceed to eat a full meal with my family.  My husband and I jokingly refer to the period after the kids go to bed as "time for fourth meal" (or 5th, 6th etc.) because after the kids went to bed I always went searching for snacks - a bag of chips, leftovers from dinner, a sandwich.  I'm not an ice cream or sweets girl, but SALT..OMG Salt...

Something that occured to me as I've been going through the insurance approval process for the band and meeting with  my nutritionist is that I never feel full...NEVER.  I can eat and eat and eat...take a break, go to the bathroom (TMI sorry), and resume with full force.  Never knowing the sensation of what it feels to be full.  

Tonight I felt full.  

I called my nutritionist and she said I could have a creamy soup today so I made broccoli soup with a bit of cheese (no particles or chunks) and I sat down with my big bowl of soup....ahhhh, food...I love you.

After about 1/2 a cup....I feel an unfamiliar tightness in the area below my breastbone...I stop eating.  What is that...is that heartburn (fortunately never had that either), is it gas....what the heck.  Then it occured to me...I'm full, like seriously full...after only a 1/2 cup of soup.  No freakin' way! 

So here I type...about 40 minutes after the soup - I'm still full.  I'll be damned.

Go band!

XOXO,
Amy

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! This is just the beginning, don't fight the full feeling because you CAN overcome it in the beginning. See how long you can go with small portions! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how aewsome...glad you are not hungry anymore...

    ReplyDelete