Monday, May 3, 2010

Pre-Registration and Lists

The hospital called to pre-register me today.  Holy Shitballs this is really going to happen.  I still have to pinch myself.  I've been reading blogs that I've found on LBT all weekend. I read some from beginning to end and I can't even believe where they are now vs. where they were then.  It's hard for me to believe that I could seriously be in those shoes someday.  I've also been making lists of what I need for after surgery:

1. Heating Pad
2. Gas X strips
3. Lip Balm
4. Camomile Tea
5. Stool Softener (hey, you never know and I want to be prepared)
6. Clear Liquid 'foods' (homemade broths, jello, etc.)
7. Sports Bra - LBT followers have said it helps because of incisions, I don't own one...sports...HA!

I also need some blog followers so I guess I'll start pimping myself out today.

8 comments:

  1. Ok so when is the big day????? So exciting... Hope all is going well..

    You can follow me at

    www.bandsterjourney.blogspot.com

    I will pimp you out on my band site.. Take care..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy! Your daughter is adorable. I was banded 2/12 and have lost more than 35 lbs. It is the BEST thing I've ever done for myself!

    http://amandakiska.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved having sugar free popsicles post-op. They were the only thing I felt like eating the first couple days home and were very refreshing.

    I was banded March 29th and have lost about 30 pounds already. Like Amanda, this is the best decision I ever made.

    You seem really well prepared---you will be a star!
    -Grace

    http://graces-fat-chance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the blogging community. Visit lots of people and leave comments and your blog address. That way they will know where you are and follow you. So excited for you. Only a couple of weeks to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amy! Just found your blog and wanted to say hi and that I will be Following you!

    Debi: http://hawaiiboundbandster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. No need to pimp - here we are!! What I needed when I came home after surgery was LOTS of pillows for the first couple of nights, plus easy does it to other half when he sits down on the bed or turns over. A crane would have been nice too, but you can't have everything.
    Caroline
    P.S. Very important requirement: to read all our blogs for hints!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck and imagine where you will be a year from now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. good luck and welcome to bandland!!
    check me out at....
    http://hotdogsnhamburgers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete