Tuesday, May 25, 2010

So is this what they meant by hell??




I'm going to lay it on the line - I'm hungry.  Real, legitimate, stomach growling hunger.  I haven't felt it in awhile, but it's there.  It's also making me weak and sometimes very dizzy.  I would just like to sleep...until they tell me I can have food.  Not a lot of food, just a little food...real food like an egg or hummus. 

I'm trying to up the protein today....but 90 grams on liquids is rough.  I've been mixing IsoPure drinks with Gatorade or Crystal Lite.  It is satisfying for awhile, but then....it's not.  I have to consider myself lucky though, because I can't imagine doing this and having done it for a few weeks before the surgery.  I've only been doing this for 7 days.

I have my follow-up appointment on Thursday - so i'm anxious to see how much longer on liquids, I'm guessing it will be a few more days after my appointment. 

On a happy note though - I got a battery for my scale and actually stepped on it.  My weight at my Pre-Op appointment in the office was 304.5 (May 11th) - this morning on my scale....289.8.   SHUT UP!  We'll see on Thursday how close my scale is to the office scale.

Happy Tuesday Chicas!!

Amy

7 comments:

  1. Have you tried any soups. I made ups some purreed broccoli soup and made it watery by adding chicken broth and more milk. I even added some shredded cheddar cheese that melted. I was told liquids were anything I could suck through a straw (but don't use a straw). I also made milkshakes from vanilla frozen yogourt, milk and vanilla protein powder. Although I know how you feel wanting something to chew. You'll get there. Hope they let you have something a bit more satisfying soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost 15 lbs! That is awesome! Hope that number helps you carry through until Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic weight loss. I hope you get cleared for mushies. Being hungry is no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is HARD part. It just is. You just gotta tell yourself that it is HARD and you just gotta get through it. Your band and stomach are healing, so don't eat anything yet, just follow the rules. I am sorry but just keep watching the sale for motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys!! I am not eating any soups unless you count broth, but that's a good idea. I'll call my nutritionist and see what she says. I'm being a good girl and not breaking any rules but it is Hard - Janelle you are SO right. It just is.

    Thanks guys for the support!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is my #1 concern...
    That I will be startving! I hope when my day comes for the surgery if it ever does, that I get strenght to follow thru with the liquid diet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...what a fantastic weight loss. I loved the soups like Sandy said...hang in there

    ReplyDelete